The Ibague Conservatory, Musical, Educational and Technical Institution , “ AMINA MELENDRO DE PULECIO “bases its philosophy on holistic conception of human beings (the work of nature, the work of the social and work itself), which from the aestheticism (experience the subject in front of an art object), substantiate the sense of taste, the formation of the ability to know it, learn to make sensitive judgments, enhance the imaginative and creative capacity, for whom from the musical artistic dimension, build your own comprehensive development based on scientific axiológical and spiritual formation.
MISION: The Ibague Conservatory, Musical, Educational and Technical Institution , “ AMINA MELENDRO DE PULECIO “, is an educational institution or official character , which contributes to the integral formation of children and young people with musical skills from a Interestructurante pedagogical model - Dialogic, developing in them the spirit scientific musical and artistic, based on the principles and values of autonomy, responsibility, spirituality and ethics; promoting the necessary tools to enable them to assume the challenges of today's world, contributing to personal growth, institutional, regional development and cultural identity.
VISION: By 2020,The Ibague Conservatory, Musical, Educational and Technical Institution , “ AMINA MELENDRO DE PULECIO “, will be re- known regionally, nationally and internationally as a model of excellence in learning, musical arts education, the quality of their education, training and outreach to the community, that enables its graduates access to higher education and / or the workforce as Technical high-schoolers with high quality musical specialty.
• 1959 Mrs. Amina Melendro of Pulecio creates it attached to the Conservatory of Tolima with enrollment of 28 students to the Musical School.
• 2002 was certificated by the city of Ibagué and Bachelor separated from the Conservatory of Tolima becoming "The Ibague Conservatory, Musical, Educational and Technical Institution , “ AMINA MELENDRO DE PULECIO “; the institution is left without a physical building, without furniture and without instruments and with an enrollment of 565 students.
• the primary section with 300 enrolled students in preschool through fifth grade, worked in the house demolished to make way for the construction of the Music Park, which was created in 2003.
• In 2008, the curriculum is modified becoming Educational Technical Musical Institution , compliance is given to the rules in force cancellation of grades 12 and 13, the campus of Carmen attached with total enrollment of 1722 students, including, in addition, the study of an instrument beginning in the fifth grade.
• In 2009 the cityof Ibagué acquires the headquarters of the Seminary of the Salesians to award it to the institution and the Ministry of Education recognizes it as The Ibague Conservatory, Musical, Educational and Technical Institution , “ AMINA MELENDRO DE PULECIO “ at the request of the Board, with an enrollment of 1929.
• In 2010 952 students in grades 5 to 11 are moved to the new headquarters; Secretary of Education gives desks and boards to function; Mayor initiates the process of adjustment of the building and buying some instruments. It has an enrollment of 2100 students.
• In 2011 the Municipal Administration, through the law 21, built a new block of eight classrooms.
• In 2013 a new draft Law 21 for Headquarters San Jorge, in order to take that building for all the students in preschool to eleventh grade, which came to be 1850 students in the year it was assigned.
• In 2013, the Institutional Symphony Orchestra participates in the Premier of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in Ibague, in October, as a tribute to the city on its birthday
• In 2014 student enrollment in 1850 was maintained. A student and the entire educational community movement is given for the path to pave San Jorge street.
The student of The Ibague Conservatory, Musical, Educational and Technical Institution , “ AMINA MELENDRO DE PULECIO “ is characterized by:
1. Protagonist of the experience of institutional values.
2. Respectful of healthy living standards established in the institution.
3. Responsible to take their learning process and continuous integral and musical training, self-critical spirit, reflexive and constructive.
4. Committed to the good name of the institution representatives fraud height and honor in every place that requires your presence.
5. Autonomous in decision-making, leading strategies to overcome obstacles and create solutions to problems inherent existence.
6. Sensitive and creative musical knowledge as a basis for the construction of their life project.
7. Responsible for taking music as the ultimate expression artistic policy by which this manifest feelings and emotions to appreciate and transform the environment.